Securing Support for your Heritage Project from Grant-Making Trusts and Foundations - Maidstone
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Registration – 09:45 There are around 9,000 grant-making trusts in the UK worth around £4bn to the sector. Having an understanding of trusts and foundations means you can write a
Registration – 09:45
There are around 9,000 grant-making trusts in the UK worth around £4bn to the sector. Having an understanding of trusts and foundations means you can write a request that stands out! This introduction to Trust & Foundation fundraising will take you through the fundraising cycle, how to identify a need, research donors, writing a compelling application and how to maintain ongoing donor relationships. (More experienced grant fundraisers will be introduced to best practice models to improve the quality of their work and take a more strategic approach to managing a portfolio of trust and foundation donors).
Who should attend this Workshop?
All staff or volunteers responsible for writing trust applications, researching, developing and maintaining trust and foundation relationships for grant income.
In addition, applicants should be:
- Actively engaged in fundraising
- Willing to cascade the learning within their organisation
- Willing to demonstrate how their organisation would benefit from the fundraising training
- Willing to provide feedback to the IoF (for HLF) on progress in applying the training across their organisation (where applicable) within 12 months of attending the course
On completion of this workshop, it is expected that learners will be able to:
- Liaise with relevant colleagues to identify potential projects/areas of work that might attract grant support
- Conduct research and prioritise potential grant makers
- Assemble all the information necessary to compile a compelling case for support to meet the needs of a targeted funder/donor
- Use full cost recovery to develop an appropriate budget
- Build in an ability to measure and control your activities for evaluation and donor stewardship
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 5:00 pm GMT
St Faith's Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1LH